1. Husband has been working on getting Carolyn to say "I Love You" since forever. She's finally gotten to the point where she'll say it without prompting. Of course, it sounds more like "wee woo" than anything. And when you say, "I love you, too!", she'll just spout out, "TOO!!" She also tells me she's daddy's sweetheart about seven times a day. Today she also said she's Kyle's sweetheart.
2. I'd never realized how much I say certain things until Carolyn came along. This morning as we were driving out to one of my client's houses, a sleek, black sports car went roaring past us doing about 90. Carolyn bobbed her head up and down and said, "Mama! Awe-some!"
3. Other thing she says: good grief, alright, how about this one, and shoot, shoot, shoot!
4. I also succeeded in getting Carolyn to say how old she is. She holds up her entire hand and says, "ONE!"
5. The Zumba Instructor's Grandmother comes to Zumba class every Monday. She pulled me aside this past Monday to tell me how much she enjoyed watching me dance on stage last week. She may or may not have compared my dancing to a butterfly. Bless her heart, she was so sweet and earnest and you can tell she's one of those lovely, extremely rare people who sees only the good in everyone. But, it took pretty much everything I had not to laugh in her face. It reminded me of that one time in Japan when that Japanese boy called me "delicate". Um. You obviously don't know me at all, dude.
6. And speaking of Japan, I saw an old dude wheeling his way down the middle of the road on his jazzy chair yesterday. It made me miss Japan so much I almost couldn't breathe.
7. And speaking of jazzy chairs, one of my clients just got a new chair (FINALLY). It comes with jumper cables, two color screens, and a hydraulic lift. When I walked in the door on Monday, she started moving the chair up and down and doing her best impression of rap music. Good grief, but I don't know when I've laughed that hard.
8. Carolyn fell asleep in church on Sunday. Just went face-down in the pew and fell asleep! Like in less than 30 seconds. That has NEVER happened before. I had to check to make sure she was still breathing. Then, Monday, she climbed up in my lap after we got done playing outside and fell asleep. I'm not going to lie, I ate it up.
9. I finally joined the group power class at the gym yesterday. It doesn't seem nearly as intense as the body pump class I used to take, but you'd never know it by how sore I am today. I had to leave during the triceps track to change Carolyn's diaper, so you'd think at least that wouldn't be sore, but you'd be wrong. I'm pretty sure I only did like four actual crunches during the ab section as I was complaining during the rest - again, you'd never know it because my abs feel like they're on fire today.
10. Husband passed his final certification test yesterday. Sighs of relief were had all around. I'm so proud of him and all of his hard work!
11. I got a call from The New Doctor's Office yesterday. It appears all of my blood work is normal so it's back to the drawing board as to why I'm so exhausted all the time. Does anyone have any further ideas??