Saturday, May 23, 2015

18 Months

This little one just made 18 months:


Of course, this is where I record his stats.  Because he has no baby book.  I always feel guilty when other people say they're working on their kids' books and I'm all like, "You mean you've done it for more than one kid?!"

(Carolyn doesn't have one either.)

Height:  33.75 inches
Weight:  28.75 pounds

Special skills:

*We have finally finished our nursing journey.  I know I've said it before, but I never, never thought I'd be one of those women who nursed beyond a year.  In fact, in the beginning, I didn't think I'd ever make it to a year.  But, he's still such a baby and it wasn't inconvenient to me in any way, so we just kept on doing it.

* His least favorite thing in the world is to be manhandled by his sister.  Unfortunately, it happens almost all day, every day.

* This boy has a temper.  When you tell him no, he either flops to the floor and cries like his heart is broken or heads to the corner where he wrings his hands and squeals.

* His next least favorite thing to do is have his diaper changed.  It's a full out fight every, single time.  

* He will start church nursery on Sunday.  He's been having some separation issues at school, so hopefully it will go smoothly.  Either way, it'll be nice to not have to follow him up and down the halls.

* His favorite all-time game is "get sister".  He thinks it's beyond outstanding if he gets to poke her belly.

* We've been working on body parts, but the only one he has securely is his penis.  Thanks a lot, Husband.  Now, no matter which body part I ask for, he points to his crotch and yells, "THERE!"  In the past few days, he's also figured out he has a belly button.

* About the only thing he says that I understand is, "There you go!"  He says it every time he hands anyone anything.

* He is finally starting to spend a little time with his daddy.  Praise the Lord.

No comments: