Wednesday, September 24, 2014

On Facebook - September!!

The Kid: Are you excited about me going to school?
Me: I'm excited and sad.
The Kid: It's ok to be sad sometimes. Sad is a normal human emotion. 
Me: A normal human emotion? Who taught you that?!
The Kid: From my daddy. He's a great guy.


The Kid was playing with The Tater when she jumped up on the bed:

Me: Well that's hardly fair. He can't climb on the bed yet, dude.
The Kid: Mama, I've got news. It's never going to be fair.



Picked The Kid up from school today:

Me: How did it go?
The Kid: Awful.
Me: Awful?! Why?!
The Kid: They make me keep my clothes on even when I'm hot. It's ridiculous!


Got home from church today to find The Kid parked on a stool in front of my birthday cake:

Me: What're you doing, dude?
The Kid: I'm eating a delicious meal of cake and green beans.
Me: That sounds disgusting. 
The Kid: Well, I didn't put the green beans IN the cake



Me: You know I love you, right, dude?
The Kid: You know, I'm glad. Because the feeling is mutual.


Gave The Kid something she didn't like for dinner last night:

The Kid: Mama, you know there's no way I can eat all of that. It'll make me pregnant with a food baby.



The Kid: Mama, can you wrap me up in this blanket?
Me: Sure. You want me to make you into a burrito?
The Kid: Oh, mama, don't be silly. I want you to make me into a chrysalis.


Picked The Kid up from school today:

The Kid: Man, this heat is KILLING me.
Me: It is, huh?
The Kid: You know what would make me feel better? A cold Sonic beverage.



Me: Do you know what Cora's Daddy's name is?
The Kid: No. What is it?
Me: It's Aaron. Like my name. But it's spelled a different way.
The Kid: Well, that's an interesting approach.


The Kid: I think Elliot is my favorite so I can't wait till he grows up.
Me: Why's that?
The Kid: Because I'm going to marry him and tell him what to do all the time.



Had a lesson at Family Night about tithing:

Me: Sometimes the church uses tithing to build church buildings. Like the one where mommy and daddy got married. What is that place called?
The Kid: Um....McDonald's?


The Kid, explaining her school art project to me:

The Kid: I drew your favorite vegetable! It's a pepper!
Me: Oh, I do like peppers. What's your favorite vegetable?
The Kid: Chocolate cake.



Sleepless nights for mom coupled with four rainy days in a row = A LOT of time on the tablet for The Kid. She insists on turning it up as loud as it will go - I ask her about 45 times a day to turn it down (that is a conservative estimate). And unfortunately, all of this = a VERY short temper for the mother.

Me: For the love, turn that damn tablet down!
The Kid: Ok. Mama, what's a damn tablet?


The Kid: Mama, do monkeys love ketchup?
Me: Uh....I don't know.
The Kid: Well, that's disappointing. I thought you knew some stuff.



Saw a man riding a motorcycle without a helmet today:

The Kid: That guy is just like those monkeys.
Me: What monkeys?
The Kids: Those ones that were jumping on the bed and bonked their heads. His mother will not be pleased.


The Kid: Look mama, I'm Elsa!
Me: But you don't have any clothes on.
The Kid: Oh, mama, I think Elsa probably played in her undies sometimes, too.



The Kid, when not at home, is a garbage-picking-up-fiend. Today, as we were walking into Chick-Fil-A, there was a dude outside playing a guitar, his CFA drink sitting by his case. Before I could stop her, she picked up his cup, dumped it on the sidewalk, and threw the cup in the garbage can proclaiming, "I'm an EXCELLENT garbage man!" Sorry, dude.

No comments: