Monday, June 02, 2014

Four Months - No Poo

Four months, no shampoo!

Again, here are all of my previous posts on what I'm doing and why I'm doing it:

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.

I think I've finally hit my stride and really know what is and what is not going to work for my hair.

That's the super crappy part - not everyone can do the same thing since hair varies so much in texture and thickness.  So, you have to play, play, play, and then try to remember what did and what did not work (my brain kind of sucks at remembering stuff right now).

I've gone back to working out about five times a week (for the 9 millionth time, I sweat like no one else I've ever met) and was having to wash my hair pretty much every other day with the baking soda.

It didn't work.

It was drying out my hair and making my head itch.

So, instead, I wash twice a week with the baking soda (Tuesday and Saturday) and once a week with this "no poo". (Thursday).

I also had to go to the stronger hold gel (thanks for nothing, Southeast Texas), which I use daily.

I've also started wrapping my hair up in an old t-shirt for about 15 minutes after each shower, which cuts air drying time by about 2/3...it was taking like three hours for my hair to dry and now it takes one.

Oh, and when I said two months ago that I'd returned to pre-pregnancy hair, I really had no idea what I was talking about.  Because now I've returned to pre-pregnancy hair and good grief, has my hair always been this thin??

It doesn't help that The Tater constantly has his little grubbies twirled around in it and comes out handfuls at a time.  The good news is that I found a hair thing that supposedly causes no damage to the hair that I really, really like (thanks to The Judy). Bonus that it stays in no matter what I'm doing and Double Bonus that it's easy to use because heaven knows I'm hair doing-ly challenged.

Also, somewhere along the way, I've picked up a white streak of hair right in the middle of my forehead.  Like a skunk.  Blarg.

And, as always, lots of awkward selfies of my hair where I look super awesome.  I choose to gaze off into the distance during these because when I try to look at the camera, I mostly look cross eyed or wall-eyed (depending on camera angle).  Is there a selfie 101 class that I missed?  Because why can everyone else take cute pictures and I can't?:



1 comment:

Meghan and Matthew said...

Your hair looks great! I'm still doing no poo too, and like you, added some devacurl to my routine. I got the travel sizes just to try it out and they're almost empty after two months. I LOVE the conditioner, but I probably won't get the no-poo, just because the baking soda works fine for me without drying too much if I use the conditioner once a week or so. I have the ultra defining gel(?) and its good, but I'm not completely sold on it. Want to try out some of the other styling products because my "curls" are more like waves and need all the help they can get. Thanks for keeping us posted!