Monday, October 07, 2013

I'm Too Small for that, You Know...

In between conference sessions yesterday, we took Carolyn to the park.

And wouldn't you know that just because it was the Sabbath, something went wrong?

Husband was letting her slide down the fireman's pole when she lost her grip and fell.

It took her a minute to realize she wanted to cry but then proceeded to do so for a long, long time, refusing to leave the park because she didn't want to go until she stopped hurting. 

She also repeatedly said, "I'm too small for that pole, you know!"

Anyway, it was a miserable night with lots and lots of crying and lots and lots of whining.

Luckily, I have the best husband in the world - he stayed in her room with her, taking her to the potty, to get a drink, and calming her when she needed it.  I'm pretty sure he didn't get a wink of sleep

Just as a PS, I'm horrible at that kind of thing.  I need my sleep or else I can't even function the next day.  Another reason I should never have new born babies.

She woke up this morning still refusing to put any weight on her foot at all, so we called in a  favor from our favorite doctor and this is what we got:


 
The world's tiniest walking boot!
 
So cute!
 
Needless to say, Carolyn was not impressed with her newest accessory, which she will have to wear for three weeks (and believe me, it's not going to be pretty.  She asked to take it off four times in the first hour she had it on).
 
The doctor says it's more than likely a greenstick fracture, which as far as I can tell is a fancy word for "crack" in her metatarsal bone (who knows which one because every time he touched her foot and asked if it hurt, she said no).
 
I'm hoping the boot will give her enough confidence to weight bear soon because she wants to be carried everywhere and this pregnant body is not responding well.

No comments: