Saturday, October 05, 2013

2013 Color Run

Well, it was more of a ramble than a run.

Or a shuffle.

But it totally wasn't my fault.  There were like 5,000 people in front of me who were so intent on getting colored chalk all over them, I could barely move.

Not that I'm complaining.

The thing in my uterus didn't think it was a good idea at all.  And boy, oh, boy did he ever let me know it.

I didn't help things that we parked 1.5 miles away from the starting line.  Or that it was approximately 950 degrees and someone forgot to bring mosquito repellent (because for the love, it's bloody October).

 
I'm pretty sure in the above picture, I was actively being kicked right in the pubic bone.  I seriously thought I was going to go into labor.  Ok, so not seriously, but it hurt pretty bad.


 
The very best part of the day came when we had just reached Mile 1 and were walking behind a group of five teenage boys:
 
Boy One:  Ah, man!  We gotta go 5 miles?
Boy Two:  Yeah, man, 5 miles.
Boy Three:  Dat's what it say on the paper.
Boy Four:  No, 3 miles.  Three.
Boy One:  Right here it say 5K.

1 comment:

Holli said...

Carolyn was so cute today!! :) Glad you guys made it out!