Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Follow-Up

About a month ago, I wrote this post about my recent anxiety attacks.

I thought it was to the point where I'd have to call the doctor to make an appointment.

However, before I did that, I also decided that I needed to take a look at what I'd been doing and eliminate some things from my life.

Case-in-point:  I was drinking a lot of diet, caffeinated drinks.

Like a looooooooooot of them.

I thought that eliminating caffeine might make the difference.

So, I cut things down.

And right as soon as I did that, someone on Facebook posted an article about aspartame/artificial sweetener poisoning.

It said one of the side effects is anxiety.

Well what do ya know!!

Since that time, I've done more research on it and it's apparently a hotly debated topic as to whether or not it's actually a real thing or if it's a bunch of made up crap.

I, for one, think it's real....

Because I can drink caffeinated beverages (oh, I just can't give up Dr. Pepper all together!  I just can't!  But I've cut back.  Really, I have) just fine, but I feel super wonky when I drink an entire diet one.

Oh, and the little issue with anxiety attacks?

I haven't had one in a month.

I was having them 2-3 times a week.

Check it out.

Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Scott's mom swears that artificial sweeteners in the lemonade she drank gave her panic attacks. It wouldn't surprise me in a few years if they come out and say that they also cause cancer.