Tuesday, September 04, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

This is the most wonderful time of the year for many reasons:

1.  It's nashi season.  I have to hide when I have one so I don't have to share with Carolyn.  I know I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love, love, love that each nashi comes in with it's own little "hat".  I can call it a hat even though it generally fits on the bottom of the fruit, right?



2.  Yesterday was MY BIRTHDAY.  I'm 34.  Husband secretly got me a cake.  Some friends from church organized my very first surprise party ever.  The girl who organized it is one of those people who can't tell a lie to save her life so naturally, she came up with the best lie I've ever heard to get me to where the party was.  Fan-freakin'-tastic. 




Carolyn thought the cake was the greatest.  All day long she kept asking me, "Mama, where's my happy birthday cupcake?  Mama make a fire happy birthday cupcake?"
 

 

She's a big fan of the birthday candles.
 
 
3.  I made orange rolls.  Delicious.
 



No comments: