Monday, September 10, 2012

Lousy-Anna

I went to Louisiana yesterday.

I call it Lousy-Anna.

And then I giggle myself silly because despite the fact that three million other people have probably already thought of calling it that, I want to believe it's my original.

However, despite the fact that the roads in Louisiana are lousy, the educational system in Louisiana is lousy, and the dental hygiene in Louisiana is lousy, Louisiana itself is actually a pretty place (as a fair warning, I may or may not be obsessed with the moss on the trees).
 
I got quite the kick out of this sign as I'd never actually seen one before:
 
 
 

 
 
And then guess what I saw not five feet away from my leg just sitting in the water eyeing up my delicious, super meaty legs?
 
 


 
Dude, that sign wasn't a joke.  I've never seen an alligator in the wild before.  Crocodiles, yes, alligators, no.  He was just a little guy, but big enough for me to snap a few photos and make a hasty exit. 









No comments: