Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Mormon Cannery

Friend Shannon and I signed up to spend this morning working at the church cannery in Houston.

Whatever you feel about *Mormons, you've got to admit that when it comes to food hoarding storage, no one, and I mean no one outdoes us (also, we have the best potato pearls in the entire world).

I'm telling ya!

We canned nine different products (flour, dried onions, apple chips, macaroni, etc.) and filled roughly forty boxes of canned food in less than two hours...with eight people.

Yes siree, the Mormons work like a well-oiled machine.

The lady who was doing all the labeling kept saying, "Oh, aren't we just having so much fun?!"

And other than the fact that my hands were sweating profusely in the latex gloves we had to wear, I totally was.

Did I mention that you don't have to actually be a Mormon to go to the cannery?

Well, you don't.

If you go and work, you can order anything you like (did I mention how good the potato pearls are?!)

Begin your food hoarding journey today!

And I promise I won't even try to make you go to church with me.

You know, unless you want to.


*And just as a PS, it never ceases to amaze me how many people have incorrect information about Mormons.  Husband had lunch just the other day with two men who were convinced we're not Christian.  I assure you that we are.  We believe in Jesus Christ.  He is the Son of God.  He is our Savior and our Redeemer.  If anyone would like further information about our beliefs, feel free to ask me or check out this official church website.


1 comment:

Rondi said...

I appreciate so much that Shannon and you went to the cannery. You were a great representation from our ward.