1. The hormone therapy is making me siiiiiiiiiick. I feel like I'm newly pregnant and spend half of the day feeling like I'm going to hurl. Sometimes more than half a day. This had better be worth it.
2. I taught the class for ladies today at church. It was about prayer. I'm pretty sure I didn't make a single point I meant to make. And I'm also pretty sure I got a little out of control.
3. I won't be teaching there anymore because I've received a new church assignment as the first counselor to the women's organization (Relief Society) president. I'm terrified by this calling because #1 I don't feel old enough and #2 I don't know that anyone will take me seriously.
4. Speaking of age, someone at the gym asked if we'd gone to school together. I told her that I didn't grow up here so we couldn't have. She said, "Well, it's hard to remember when we graduated twenty years ago." Twenty years ago?! Ass-cuse me?! I only graduated sixteen years ago thank-you-very much. It was the first time in my entire life when someone thought I'm older than I actually am. It's gotta be my haircut.
5. The zipper broke on my favorite dress today - about five minutes before it was time to walk out the door to church. I'm not going to lie, I threw a giant hissy fit that included me disrobing and throwing the dress on the floor. If I'd have had more time, I'm pretty sure I would have stomped on the dress just for good measure.
6. Also, is it just a general rule that all children throw their worst temper tantrums on Sunday mornings? Carolyn does. This morning, it lasted for about fifteen minutes and nearly drove me batty.
7. Husband made some homemade cheesecake. Delicious.
8. Husband had to have a portrait taken for his job. We all went down to Sears yesterday where he proceeded to pose for one shot like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite. I wish we'd have been able to get it on the picture CD, but they'd only give us one. Freakin' hysterical.
9. Friday we went to a small water park over in Sulfur, Louisiana. It was fabulous (thanks, Denise!). And, I'll tell ya, if you've ever wanted to feel great about how you look in your bathing suit, head over there. Some of those women...wowee. One had a stomach that looks exactly like mine and she was decked out in a tiny bikini. Yeah. That's all I have to say about that.
10. My very favorite exercise class instructor is moving to Dallas in July. I can't even tell you how sad I am about it. I feel like I'm losing one of my best friends...and I barely know the girl.
11. Finally, after 5.5 years of living in our apartment, Husband has given me the go-ahead to adopt a cat. Our rental company has a no-pet-policy but for the love, the neighbors three doors down have a freakin' German Shepard puppy and at least three of the people who live in the front apartments have small dogs. I've been on Husband's case about it and he's always insisted that we follow the rule. Friday he relented with this caveat, "Ok, you can have a cat. But you will take care of it and clean up after it. And if we get in trouble and get kicked out of out apartment, I'm going to be really, really mad." Well, great. That doesn't sound like permission to me.