1. I have no desire to fight about politics. However, after going over all the pros and cons, I figure I'll end up voting for Mitt Romney. Because I can't vote for Newt. At the top of my list of Newt's cons is that his name is Newt. You know, like a lizard. Also because he's cheated on two wives. I believe in repentance and making it right and all that stuff, but that's kind of a big mistake to make TWICE. And also because I read a quote from him regarding his second affair and consequent failed marriage that went like this: "There's no question at times in my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate." Um, Newt, it doesn't sound to me like you were working too hard for your country, it sounds like you were working overtime for your peter.
2. Pregnancy photos freak me out. As in freeeeaaaaak me out. I don't know why.
3. Husband decided to take Carolyn to the park again today. It rained all morning and the playground was a veritable soup pot. Carolyn was pretty careful at first but then ended up walking through every puddle she could find and ended up soaking wet. Happy as a clam, that one was.
4. I love chocolate chip cookies.
5. I lust after being creative. I read those blogs where the people sound all idea-havey and stuff, and I long for that. Unfortunately, they only way I can have an idea is if someone else suggests it to me first. I don't think I'll ever be one of those who just makes stuff up in my head. I mean, beside embellishments on stories that make them more funny.
6. And speaking of that, The Pioneer Woman has released her book tour schedule for her newest cookbook release. Good grief, but I could not feel more jealous.
7. Do you ever go through periods of life where you feel hopeless? Friendless! Brainless! Helpless! Hopeless! Do you want to go back to where you were? Unemployed in Greenland?! (if you can name that quote, I give you permission to go out and buy yourself an ice cream cone). Just when I think we're going to take a step ahead, we get dragged back three. Among other things, we finally got the bill for Carolyn's hospital stay last November. Over 10,000 smackaroos thank-you-very-much. And that's adjusted down from $30,000. It put me in a very bad mood for the entire afternoon yesterday. Le sigh.
8. We turned off the data on our cell phones. I thought I would miss it, but I don't. Not even a little bit. And it took our phone bill down by 1/3.
9. We're trying to find a pediatric dentist that accepts our insurance. I think there are like two or three in this area and no one I know has ever heard of them.
10. Someone told me that JoAnn's accepts Hobby Lobby coupons. Do you think they'd take the "40% off anything in the store" coupon? If so, I could get a brand new (although cheap-o) sewing machine for $60. Someone please call them and talk them into it and then get back to me. And also ask them if I can make payments on it - like $10/month for six months. Thanks a mil.