Sunday, January 09, 2011

For the Love...

Yesterday I had my very first day at my new gig, Tic Tac Day Spa and Salon. 

The guy who owns it is Vietnamese...all of his nail techs are Vietnamese.

In fact, I think it's safe to say I'm the only white, American born girl who works there.

They offered me some of their giant vat of Vietnamese food at lunch.

I turned them down.

Because it kind of looked like throw up.

I am the one and only massage therapist there.

The room is beautiful.

At least it will be once I put a little TLC into it.

There's a dimmer switch on the lights.

That's the smartest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. 

And the first time I've seen it at any massage place.

It never ceases to surprise me how much I love being a massage therapist.

Now if only I had the power of mind control to make people come see me...

3 comments:

Garon and Laura said...

I would totally come see you if I still lived there! Maybe one day when we are visiting I will have to hit you up. I am kinda funny about getting massages from certain people but I think I could handle you because you totally get the whole baby body and not size 2 issues.

Erin said...

Oh, yes, Laura, I understand the baby body...

But, the thing about massaging is that it's taught me that all bodies are beautiful - although, as long as I'm being honest, I really do prefer to massage people with a little meat on them. Chub is a massage therapist's best friend!

Garon and Laura said...

We may try to come down in March. I will keep you posted!:)