Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Because I'm So Beautiful...

My friend, Holli, gave me this blogging award:


The one and only rule for accepting this award is that I have to share ten things about myself that my readers don't know.  I'm wondering if that's even possible, since I shared the only ten things I could think of a couple of months ago.

However, in order not to disappoint my avid reader(s), I've come up with a smash-bang list:


1. I judge people based on the stickers they have on their cars.  Like those stickers with Calvin peeing on whatever truck the person doesn't drive.  Or when men have those naked ladies on their mud flaps.  I mean really.  How old are you??


2. No matter what I do, I’ll always prefer cake batter to actual cake and cookie dough to actual cookies.


3. When I’m in a public place where I might feel threatened (because, let’s face it, weirdos flock to me), I automatically locate any men wearing Wranglers, anyone with a tool belt, or anyone who’s wearing a plant jumpsuit. I figure they wouldn’t let anything bad happen to me and even if they did, they’ve got to have a weapon on them somewhere for me to use.


4. When I asked Husband what he’s most excited about when it comes to this baby, he said that he’s excited to get her church membership records and have the words, “born in the covenant” printed next to her name. He said it would be a first in his family. I’d never even thought about that.


5. I think about moving away from Beaumont every, single day. I miss the mountains. I miss dry weather. I miss skiing. I miss rock climbing (although I never was very good at it). And, I really, really, really miss living in a place where there are sidewalks to rollerblade on.


6. Even if I have a political opinion, which is rare, I will not share it in a public place. First of all, I very rarely have enough information to have an intelligent discussion and second, there’s really no reason to get people riled up over something on which they’ve already formed a strong opinion.


7. Aggressive women scare the living daylights out of me.  I don't know that I could ever have a female boss because she would make me cower in the corner daily.  Men, however, regarless of position or aggressiveness don't scare me a bit.


8. There are currently two celebrities that I want to punch every time I see them: Kristen Stewart and Adam Lambert.


9. I’m pretty sure Husband is having a love affair – with my body pillow.  I've woken up in the middle of the night several times lately to find him snuggling the body pillow - with an extreme unwillingness to give it up.


10. When I talk to Texans, I change my accent to match theirs. Sometimes I catch myself doing it when I talk to my mom and I have to remind myself that I don’t actually talk like that.


Oh, and I have to give this award to ten other people.  I'll do it because those are the rules, but fact #11 on this list could be that none of my friends want to write ten things about themselves.  Despite that fact, I present this award to:

1.  Amber
2.  Heather
3.  Kristen C.
4.  Kristen M.
5.  Kari
6.  Stephanie
7.  Diana
8.  Jenn H. (mostly so she'll update her blog and entertain me)
9.  Tomlin
10.  Julie

I left Nancy out because she played last time.  Wait a second.  So did Julie.  And Heather.  Well, whatever.

3 comments:

Krista said...

kind of random, but, last week we saw a truck with the naked ladies on the back window, but they were chubby naked ladies...

Thereasa said...

I rarely look at this blog site anymore - due to the fact I spend way too much time on facebook. And most of that time is spent playing pointless, time wasting, yet very "take me away" games.

A childhood friend of Christie's called last month, she said, "Mama Resa, you've got to watch Dr Phil (*you know the all knowing Dr? LOL) because he's interviewing a lady who is addicted to farmtown." I laughed, and yet, I did watch. Dr. Phil said to plow it all under - there are no crops that need harvested! All his mighty wisdom flowed from the all seeing eye (commonly called the TV). What would REALLY be FUN - is to have Dr Phil interview me!!! Now that would be the show to watch!!!

It's now 3:15 A.M. and here I am - looking at this blog site - and reading your blogs! I love reading your blogs.

I wish I could learn to not share my political opinions so easily. Dang I do that too easily! I love what you wrote above:

"There’s really no reason to get people riled up over something on which they’ve already formed a strong opinion."

Now there is wisdom! I'm going to take it to heart!

Thank you for your blogs - they are wonderful!

I'm so excited for you and Nick - you will both be wonderful parents!

Holli said...

So funny, Erin. That's why I always choose you!