Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thoughts For Thursday

1. I finally came out of the blog-stalking-closet. I actually added two people whom I've never met who've never even heard of me to my blog roll. I found both of them through friends (and friend of a friend of a friend) and I love them like they're my next door neighbors. I figure we're pretty much best friends by now. Isn't that what blogs are all about? Sharing your life with complete strangers in Beaumont, Texas, who refer to you by first name and tell your stories as if they were their own to all the people they talk to?

2. I was going to cut my hair three weeks ago. As in CUT it. However, the day after I had that thought I had the best hair day I've ever had in my entire life. I'm not kidding when I say I was H-O-T. I cancelled the hair appointment. Much to my dismay, I haven't had a good hair day since then. In fact, I think that my one good hair day might have been the only good hair day I've had in approximately 4 years. And it gave me such courage and self-esteem.

3. The topic of conversation at massage class last night? Sex. Of course. Because what else would you talk about? Sex comes up in class at least once a week. I generally remain silent during these conversations because...just because. Last night after hearing everything they had to say about sex and relationships in general, I've never been more grateful for my Husband. I'm thankful that he's kind and caring, selfless and giving, and thinks of little things he can do to make me happy. I'm thankful there's never been any kind of coercion, abuse, or ugliness.

4. I just read on the internet that four baby pythons escaped during a flight to Australia. And they never found them. In the future, I'm going to ask at the ticket counter whether or not there are going to be snakes in the cargo area. If there are, I will have to book another flight. I don't do snakes. And I especially don't do snakes on an airplane.


5. There's someone I really want to burn. This person talked bad about someone behind their back yesterday and then I just overheard them doing the same thing today, only today, they were talking about me. I've been trying to civil to them but good grief, how on earth are you supposed to trust anything they do or say?

6. I still can't understand why this guy is famous:


In case you don't know who he is, he won Project Runway. Since that time, I don't turn the TV on without him popping up somewhere. I mean, really. How can you get famous when you can't even tell your hair isn't cut straight?

7. It's only recently come to my attention that I am unable to draw arrows pointing to the left. I'm a little upset about it.


4 comments:

Kristen said...

I heard about those snakes. Can you imagine taking the first flight on that plane after they checked it and never found the snakes? No thanks.

And I want to know which blogs you stalk, that are now on your blogroll. So I can stalk them too.

Erin said...

I'm not flying to or around Australia until those snakes are found.

The two blogs are Rachel (found through Tamar) and Kristina. They crack me up.

Kristen said...

Thanks for sharing. Those are some funny blogs.

Porter Family said...

Rachel is Tamar's cousin. She's hilarious. I try heading over to her blog at least once a week for laughs.