1. I've spent the better part of the last two weeks being frustrated. Things at work have just gotten more and more....well, frustrating. It has caused what I assume are panic attacks - my heart racing all day and all night, inability to sleep, inability to concentrate, etc.
2. The newest topic for massage class is the nervous system. I don't know what's wrong with me but I don't get the nervous system. I mean, do we really have to learn about impulses, dendrites, axons, and the vestibulocochlear nerve? Isn't it enough for me to just know that the nervous system exists and that it's kinda-sorta important? The worst part about all this is that The Instructor didn't know how to explain an impulse transmission to the girls so I had to do it for him.
3. Since this week is spring break, Husband also took the week off of work. He's spent the last four days playing with Lara Croft, Tomb Raider. I don't like Lara. She seems to have forgotten that nice girls wear clothes.
4. And speaking of not wearing clothes, I have a naked woman on my socks today that looks like Jessica Rabbit. Grainne sent me this pair of socks that I pulled out of my drawer in the dark this morning. I kept looking at them thinking that there was something wrong. Duh! The girl left her skirt at home. I'm keeping my feet tucked under my chair.
5. The leaves on the trees in Beaumont are returning. I'm so happy!
6. The Fill-In Nurse just drew me a map to her house in the country. She ought not to have done that because now I might go out there and never leave.
7. Husband bought a Dutch oven this week and made a pork roast in it. It's the best pork roast ever because it didn't dry up AND now we have a sweet Dutch oven to go with our Fry Daddy, our bread maker, and and our ice cream machine.
8. I tried really hard this morning to be compassionate to a patient who had an accident in the office. But, the accident was diarrheal in nature so instead, I had to hide in the back room until I stopped dry-heaving. I'm going to be a horrible mother. The sight, smell, and sound of it made me sick. The good news is that I didn't have to clean it up. Thank goodness for The Lab Lady.
9. The Lab Lady told The Doctor the other day that he was doing too much lab and that he needed to cut back or else he would get flagged by the government. The Doctor ceased and desisted for one whole day. Now he's back to doing the lab...but he thinks he is being sneaky by not charging for it and doesn't seem to understand that charged or not charged, The Lab Lady has to put it in her report.
10. I just don't understand people who can't figure things out. If the fax is jammed, open it up and find the paper that's stuck. If it doesn't print, you might want to check the toner and the drum. If the computer won't turn on, you probably ought to check the plug first. And, you should always remain calm. A jammed fax machine and a non-powered computer are hardly emergencies.