1. I am all about people having their own opinions on ANYTHING their heart desires. However, it bugs me when any opinion, no matter how small, is based on ignorance, bigotry, or hate (which really are all the same thing.) Last night in class, Instructor-Know-It-All proclaimed that anyone who takes birth control is a MURDERER because birth control causes spontaneous abortions. We debated for several minutes starting with me telling her that if you are on birth control, you don't even ovulate so there is no embryo to abort. She fought tooth-and-nail until I pulled it up on the Internet. I mean, it's fine if she doesn't agree with birth control. I could really care less. But at least get your facts straight.
2. My life is really very exciting right now. It all revolves around the fact that within the next couple of weeks, they might come to replace our back patio fence which has been down since Hurricane Ike.
3. I've decided that I look like a biker chic with my new hair color - REALLY blond right up front. I'm also thinking about getting a tongue ring and a tattoo.
4. I was thinking about taking the day off today to watch the inauguration. I have a great desire to be part of it for some reason. It's the first time in my life where I've thought I might want to watch a speech by the president.
5. I am once again spotted with mosquito bites. They must get faster in the winter because I never even saw them coming.
6. I can't help but cry when I read any news story about what is currently going on in Zimbabwe. There is a severe cholera outbreak, inflation so high that they just introduced a $100,000,000,000 dollar bill, people are starving, and there is an 80% unemployment rate. I'm not in contact with any of the people I met there anymore, and I can't help but wonder about them. So many good people. Stupid corrupt government.
7. Husband has taken over most of the cooking duties at home since I now get home later than he does on most nights. Bless his heart. He's also planning meals and going grocery shopping. I love him more and more every time I see him in the kitchen. I'm trying to keep him barefoot and pregnant as well.
8. The other day I was walking around the parking lot with my iPod when The Receptionist yelled, "Work it, work it!" Naturally, without turning around, I gave her a little booty shakin' show. Needless to say, I turned around and standing right behind me as well was a little old couple...whose mouths were hanging wide open.
9. The Doctor's Wife asked me today to look up/find some former employees using their social security numbers. Isn't that illegal?
10. I'm going to win the HGTV house this year. I can just feel it. Of course, I felt like I was going to win last year, too. You can sign up to win here but really it's an exercise in futility since it's basically already mine...sorry.