Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Miracle

One of my good friends, who has believed for the past ten years that she is unable to have children, just found out she is pregnant. And, while her situation is probably not the one she had envisioned, it's the cutest thing in the world to see her get excited while she is doing the research on how big her baby is, thinking about diapers, and semi-hot flashing (I especially like the hot-flashing part because she's normally a cold-body and that cramps my hot-body style).

There is no question that this baby is a miracle. Sometimes God just doesn't work on your timeline or in the ways you imagined. And it also happens to work out really well for me as I need to watch a pregnant woman all through the process to see what I'm in for - I've told her that she is my human science experiement.

Please excuse me as I wax religious, but I couldn't help but think of a scripture in Mormon 9:9-10 which reads, "For do we not read that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing? And now, if ye have imagined up unto yourselves a god who doth very, and in whom there is a shadow of changing, then have ye imagined up unto yourselves a god who is not a God of miracles."

It continues in Mormon 9:21, "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ is shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."

1 comment:

diana said...

Yes, very true that God is the same today as he was yesterday & forever. I think of it every time I look at my 3 miracles. Thanks for sharing this. Learning of little babies coming always touches my heart!