Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Tales

1. I'm not sure that anyone told Bath and Body Works shoppers that there is a recession - especially the lady that was right in front of me in the over-an-hour-wait-to-check-out-line. When her 40-something-year-old daughter finished bringing her bags and bags full of merchandise, she 'd spent a total of $518. Good grief. I don't know that I've spent that much money on soap and lotion in my entire life.

2. I don't think that Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii is parent approved. This is because if you don't do well, it shouts at you. Really. It shouts, "WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!" This after announcing at the very beginning, "IT'S TIME FOR THE HOTTEST PARTY." I wish I could put a sound clip on here because it's hilarious.

3. Christmas time TV might be the worst TV on the face of the planet. I guess they must be gearing up for New Year's resolutions because there is infomercial after infomercial about weight loss, weight loss equipment, and weight loss pills.

4. And since Christmas time TV is the worst thing ever, we stocked up on plenty of quality DVDs, including the entire collection of The West Wing.

5. I'm still wondering why no one has shown up at our front door bearing Christmas treats. I really want some fugde, caramel, and brownies but I don't want to make them.

3 comments:

Porter Family said...

Nobody made you anything??? How cruel. If I lived near you I would have made you something. I must say, Bath and Body Works had better sales before Christmas. I mean, really, only 50% off some things? Pathetic.

Erin said...

I guess that's what happens when you're anti-social - no Christmas treats!

And, I'm very sad I missed the better sales at Bath and Body Works...I did get some $3 body cream and I thought I was doing well!

Brynley said...

I LOVE The West Wing!!!