Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's apparently the most wonderful time of the year.

I'm not so sure about that as I've been baking for four days straight.

Because Husband decided to give cookie plates to his biggest clients (which, he said, he would do half of the work for, and in the end, he didn't).

My knees don't think that's very wonderful at all.

The Kid's school party was this morning and praise the Lord that it's over.  We had to talk about it everyday for the last three weeks and I was done.

The only thing left is to do our own Christmas.  I think I'm even done shopping.  The Kid, however, wants to make a trip to the mall to find something for her father.  The freaking mall.  Two days before Christmas.  It's enough to make me want to sit in the corner and rock myself out of an anxiety attack.

The good news:  while looking for something, Husband found a CD of Japanese theme songs for mushrooms.  Yes, they have that.  And they put it on a little CD player and play it over and over right in the middle of the mushroom section of the grocery store.  I had one American mission companion who would stand in front of it and bop her head to it for what seemed like hours.  So, that's been in the background of all the chaos in my head and has become the soundtrack for holiday baking.

And even better news is that I am now a power lifter.

Or something.

I did all my maxes last week (bench, squat, and dead lift) and I am now on a program.

You'd think that having a high max would a good thing, but what it really means is that you just have to workout with really heavy weights all the time.  Some days, that is decidedly not a good thing.  It's just hard.

The one downer was the fact that I found out that I have never squatted correctly in my entire life.  So, here I was thinking I'd be a squatting natural and come to find out, I was never going low enough, and as such, I lift 60 pounds less than I thought I could.  Also, when I was finding this out, I got over confident, overloaded the bar, and then proceeded to drop it while falling and managed to smack my head on the bar, which was awesome.

No comments: