Thursday, April 14, 2016

Consummate Loser

Does anyone else feel like they are constantly losing the dinner battle with their children?

Because I do.

Every. Single. Day.

Both of my children have apparently reached the point in their development where the only thing they perceive as food is corn dogs and chicken nuggets.

A lot of times, I'd give in and make it.

However, several weeks ago, after noticing how much weight I'd gained (because let's be honest here, you never notice it until your clothes literally don't close), I decided that a change was in order.

So, I started researching recipes that had stuff they liked in it and also included a few things that might actually be good for them

SHOCKER.

And guess what?  They won't touch it.  Not just some of it.  All. Of. It.

So, I cook for upwards of an hour sometimes after getting home from work (and fighting over homework for an hour), and then one or the other of them (or perhaps both) start whining and crying because they don't want to eat that, they want to eat this.

I get angry.  Not just a little angry.  Really angry.

Because generally by this point, I'm hot and sweaty from being over the top of a pan of something or another, I'm freaking exhausted, and there are still dishes to do, dinner to clean up, baths to give, lunches to pack, laundry to fold....

I have no answers.  Not even one.

Tamale pie for dinner tonight.

It's already been dismissed by both kids.  And they're asking for me to make them a can of chili.

Lord, give me strength.

No comments: