Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas

Christmas is officially over.

And thank the Lord for that.  I swear to you, Carolyn has been talking about Christmas non-stop for about ten months.

Tate had no idea what was going on, but Carolyn ripped open every, single one of her presents and then shouted, "This is the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!  This is what I always wanted all my life!"

Her Christmas revolved around Anna and Elsa Barbies (when will Frozen ever go away?  WHEN?!), some My Little Ponie stuffies, and a red cape, which she refuses to wear because it is not blue and Elsa's-cape-is-blue-not-red-this-makes-me-look-like-Mother-Gothel-from-Rapunzel. 

I only have a few pictures, which is fine, because Tate is/was cutting three molars and has been sicker than a dog and I woke up Christmas morning feeling like my chest was going to explode.

It was out-freaking-standing.


 
This is from the church Christmas party - Carolyn waited in line by herself for an entire 45-minutes to see Santa.  It was the highlight of her life.


 
Every year, my friend Grainne sends us a new ornament for our tree - these are my two favorite.  The awesomest thing about this year's tree?  We totally got it early and put it up and then two days later, if fell over and smashed a bunch of the ornaments and then spent almost two entire weeks just propped up against the wall while I waited for help putting it right and praying that neither of our kids would be smashed by it.  In the end, I think we had ten ornaments on it total and the star was wonky until today when I ripped everything off and put it back in the box.



 
We attempted the nativity.  It's super hard when you only have three participants (and one narrator), especially when the angel's main purpose is to keep the shepherd from ripping Baby Jesus out of the manger at every opportunity.


 
Carolyn bought Husband an action figure for Christmas so he'd start playing dolls with her.  She came up with the idea all on her own and even picked out The Hulk for a good reason - he is already naked, so her naked Barbies can marry him, no problem.



 
After nearly 8 years of marriage, Husband requested a wedding band.  Uh....say what?  Bless his heart, he's never worn jewlery in his life and is having a hard time getting used to it.


 
And finally, and most importantly, we finally were able to replace our old rusted out, falling apart charcoal grill.  As soon as we figure out how to use this one, our lives are going to go from good to OUTSTANDING.

No comments: