Saturday, October 11, 2014

Because, WHY NOT?!

I started my new job on Tuesday.

I was so nervous, I almost puked.

I'm just doing between eight and ten hours a week at the chiropractic office around the corner from our house.  It's the same place I did events with last spring, so it's not like I don't know the people.

It's rough because I haven't worked in an office setting in over three years.  So, I'm basically starting from scratch client-wise.

I'm hoping access to chiropractic patients will make the transition easier.

But, naturally, things can't go the way they're supposed to.

I started feeling nasty last Saturday.  And then three times as nasty on Monday night.  Tuesday, my first day of work, I propped myself up with a dose of NyQuil and Mucinex and went to work (which was kind of anti-climactic anyway because I got there and everyone acted like they didn't know I was coming and I ended up doing 10-minute chair massages in the waiting room all morning long).

By the time I was done, all I wanted to do was crawl into bed.

Thursday, on what would have been my second day of work, I drove myself down to the doctor's office for the first time in I-don't-even-know-how-long.

Turns out I have pneumonia.  Freaking outstanding.  They loaded me up with drugs and gave me a steroid shot in the rear end and off I went, feeling like a million bucks.

Good news:  the "million bucks" feeling lasts for 24 full hours.  Bad news:  the steroid makes you feel like you can do anything, so you do, and then when the steroid wears off OH. EM. GEE.  It's like getting hit with a truck.  Again.

Husband has been making the dinners and cleaning the kitchen and all I can do is languish on the couch while kids crawl all over me.  I am so, so, so, so tired.  All I want is to curl up in a ball and have someone pet my hair while I drink a fruit smoothie from a super long straw.

No comments: