Sunday, April 20, 2014

On the Hunt

We're looking for a house.

Finally.

I thought looking for a house would be fun.

And it is.

But at the same time, it's absolutely horrible.

Because it's terrifying.  And wonderful.  And hope producing.  And soul crushing.

All at the same time.

We've only seen four houses.

The funny thing about it is that the ones I think I'll like by the pictures always end up being disappointing in real life.

And the even worse thing about it is that I've found a house that I love.

I mean, I lurve it.  It's pretty much exactly where I pictured myself being.

It's out of town, on one acre of land (with extra land available for purchase if we wish), with a big living room, and lots of storage.  It's also a bit of a fixer-upper.  Like, it has some super sweet vintage wallpaper in the bathroom.  You might even categorize it as sha-weeeeeeet.  Not to mention some brown linoleum that looks like it was put in sometime in 1979.

The thing is that we need them to move on the asking price.  Like kind of a big move.  The problem?  It's only been on the market for 3 weeks, so they're far from desperate.  And apparently, it's in a high demand area, so they'll probably get what they're asking for...and my love love house will be gone.

And my heart will be broken.

Brutal.  BRUTAL.

Sigh.

No comments: