Friday, October 18, 2013

Hypoglycemic "Episodes"

Did you know I'm hypoglycemic?

Growing up, I always said I was and I'm pretty sure that no one believed me because #1 I am kind of dramatic about certain things and #2 I think people were just always convinced I wanted more to eat (which, let's be honest, I totally did).

But, about six years ago, I worked for the blood work doingest doctor you've ever met and I finally got medical proof.

Anyway.

Three weeks ago, I had this....thing.

I started to feel really, super dizzy, seeing spots, slurring and mixing up my words, etc.

I seriously thought I was having a stroke.

But the doctor was all like, "Oh, for the love, it's not a stroke.  You just have to eat the right things at the right time."

Oh.  Right.

Since then, I've had four more "episodes" (they weren't attacks, they were episodes), which is more than I've ever had in my entire life.

The funny thing is, I don't feel them coming on at all.

And when I eat, they don't just automatically go away.  I have to be completely still for a while and then I'm left completely exhausted, all sweated up, and with a splitting headache, which is extra, super fun when you have a restless 3-year-old who thinks you ought to be moving at all times.

You'd think I'd have figured out what to do by now, but I haven't.  Food is only tolerable at best right now (and for the most part, it's kind of repulsive), so making sure I eat at regular intervals is really hard.

I think what I need is a personal assistant.  Then they could remind me when to eat.  And they could also clean my house.

1 comment:

Mom'sLove said...

Aww Poor girl.. Set your phone! Make it tell you to eat, make it yell at you!! Feel better..