Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 30 Update

1.  I'm pretty sure I've been pregnant for at least two years.  And the kicker is, there's still two months to go.  Looking back, I can hardly believe it's already the middle of September, but I've counted every day getting here.  Whoever told me that you barely notice the passage of time with your second pregnancy because you're so busy trying to keep up with the first kid is a big, fat liar.  I figure the reason I feel this way was because last time, I was so terrified to become a parent, I didn't mind if the baby stayed in my uterus forever.  This time, all I want to do is have the kid so the recovery can begin and I can get through the first three months, which, by the way, I am absolutely dreading.  Because as we've established, I'm not a good newborn mom.

2.  I have started puking.  That's right.  I think I've puked 5-6 times up until the third trimester started.  Then, I've puked every day for the past 9 days.  It's always first thing in the morning, before I've eaten anything, so maybe that doesn't really count as puke.  Because afterward, I can still eat anything I want.  But either way, who on earth starts puking at the end of a pregnancy?  Me.  That's who.

3.  The headaches have also returned with a vengeance.  And my hips and back hurt pretty much all the time.  Good grief.

4.  I'm to the point now where I feel like I'm constantly trying to stick my gut out as far as it will go to stretch out.  Except that I'm not trying, it's just happening.  And there's no way to make it stop feeling like it's going to tear apart.

5.  The good news is, I have yet to start swelling.  I mean, at least I think I haven't.  But then again, when you're looking at you, you hardly ever notice when your face blows up like a balloon.  Maybe other people are looking at me and thinking, "MAN!  She looks BAD!"

6.  I assume I passed the gestational diabetes test with flying colors.  They would have called me otherwise, right?  When I got in there, there were four other ladies in front of me also doing the test.  But, they were sitting there sipping that nasty drink while I just downed it and therefore, jumped ahead of them in the blood drawing line.  I felt pretty smug.  And also very, very sick.

7.  We are getting closer to having a name.  I think.  We've got two first names and two middle names picked out but Carolyn absolutely refuses to agree with the one I like better.  I guess it doesn't really matter what she wants since she's not the mother.

8.  My patience is also gone.  I think it's because I'm so damn tired all the time.  I can barely make it through my afternoon work schedule without feeling faint/exhausted/really, really mad.

9.  The gym is getting harder and harder.  I tried to tell myself that if I could just make it to the 30 week mark, I could back off a bit.  But, with 10 more weeks looming ahead of me, I can't stop because all I would have to do then is walk on the treadmill and that's so boring I could cry.  So, I'll continue to Zumba until the ligaments holding up my gut give way (they're already pulling pretty hard about 30-45 minutes through class, so I generally have to either stop completely or just step touch in the corner).

10.  Food is giving me problems.  Not that it's making me sick.  I just feel totally apathetic toward eating.  Nothing looks good, tastes good, or smells good, especially if I cook it myself.  Bless Husband's heart, he's trying to so hard to make all of my favorite foods, but even at that, I can only eat it once - leftovers absolutely kill me.

No comments: