Had my 25 week check up this past week and it's safe to say that I'm awesome at this baby growing stuff.
And guess what?!
I'm even having times where I'm enjoying it...which, if you know anything about last time, is really saying something.
1. I've gained some weight. And I'm not going to lie, it scares me to death. Because you know how they pull you aside at the very beginning and are all like, "You know you're already overweight" and you're all like, "Yeah, dude, I see myself naked in the mirror every day" and then you feel like every pound you gain is a reflection on your massive overeating even though you don't eat any differently than you did before and then you get all hot and sweaty every time you have to get on the scale and you think you might just die? Well. That's how I feel.
2. This baby is a mover. Oh, I know I've said it before and I'm going to say it again. With Carolyn, I wasn't absolutely sure I felt her move until right at 23 weeks. I mean, I thought I was feeling her move, but I'm one who makes stuff up in my head, so I wasn't sure sure. This time, it started closer to 17 weeks and I've been sure the entire time. You can even see him from the outside already (maybe that's normal). He also responds when you push at him - Carolyn never did, she just moved away.
3. There's just one problem with him being a mover - sometimes, he moves so much, it makes me physically ill. Like sea sickness or something. I can't help it. I have a delicate constitution.
4. Sleep has fled. I'm up peeing half the night and the other half, I'm trying to grab the sides of the bed to roll over without those damn ligaments in my lower gut giving way. And, if neither of those things is going on, I've got a steady kick, kick, kick going on - generally at midnight, 4, and 6.
5. I had a short bout with sciatica. It still comes and goes, but for 2 weeks there, I thought I was going to have to go on bed rest for the rest of my life.
6. Random people keep rubbing my belly. Like a lady at the gym whom I've never set eyes on. But, she was Latina, so I gave her a free pass because I like it when they say, "Jou are preg-enant, jes?"
7. People have been so generous with their hand-me-down clothes. Just today I went through the ones we've gotten and sorted them into Rubbermaid boxes. The good news? There's a pair of overalls for every age between the time he's born until he's 2. And he's going to wear them whether he likes it or not.
8. The gym has become a test of endurance. And perhaps of stupidity. I generally feel pretty good during my workouts and then get home and think, "Oh. Em. Gee. My pelvis is literally going to fall off!" I mean, who even knew that your crotch could hurt like that!
9. I'm also already starting to sag back into the pregnancy tiredness. It seriously gets to about 1pm every day and all I can think about is going back to bed. That continues until about 9. This does not make Carolyn happy. The refrain is, "But I'm not tired! I don't want to go to bed!" and the reply is, "Dude, I don't even care if you're tired. Mama is tired and we're all taking naps!"
10. I am terrified to be the mother of a boy.