Monday, August 12, 2013

Child of God

I'm assuming every parent has those days where they wonder if anything they say gets through to their kids.

I mean, they do, right?

I felt like that on Sunday.

And then the intermediate hymn in sacrament meeting was I Am a Child of God.

And Carolyn stood right up in her chair with a huge smile on her face and proceeded to sing every, single word as loudly as she could.

I didn't even know she knew all of the words because whenever we sing it at home, she always fudges up at least half of them.

I couldn't help but cry.

Mostly because I am apparently an outstanding parent without knowing it.

No, wait.  That's not right.

Mostly because there really is nothing more poignant to me than a child singing that song.

Especially a child that up until that point in that day, appeared to have visited Satan in her dreams.

No comments: