Monday, May 06, 2013

Awesome Things

Because no pregnancy happens without awesome things happening along with it.

And by awesome, I sometimes mean actually awesome and sometimes not awesome at all.

1.  Right after I found out I was pregnant, I headed to Target.  I got really, super dizzy and ended up having to lay down flat right in the middle of the aisle for several minutes as The Kid screamed from the cart, "Mama, what happened?  Are you ok?"  Funniest thing?  Several people passed me and didn't even bat an eye.  Apparently people on the floor are normal here. Oh, and just as a PS, on that Target trip, we procured a metallic purple toaster.  The Kid picked it out, in case you were wondering.

2.  I puked in the bank parking lot.  I felt pretty lucky to make it into a parking space and get the door open before it happened, but I'm pretty sure everyone who saw me (and they were not few) thought I had a massive hangover.

3.  I cried at the gym.  There was an exercise during the circuit training class that I just couldn't do...and I was quite upset about it.  The Trainer walked over, patted my shoulder and said, "If you can't do it, you don't have to."  And I started to cry.  No, sob.  I was babbling some nonsense about me not giving up and how I don't do that and for-the-love, just let me do it!  I quit crying right after I sufficiently freaked The Trainer out.

4.  I found out I was pregnant right before Husband's birthday.  And immediately started forgetting things.  Like gifts for birthdays.  When I told Husband that I was sorry, I forgot, he said, "No, you got me a gift.  I just have to wait nine months to get it."