Thursday, April 18, 2013

What I'm Thinking Today

1.  It's raining outside.  I made a deal with myself that if it rained this afternoon I'd fold laundry.  So, I propped open the door and folded laundry in a quiet, kid-free environment while I listened to my favorite massage CD.  I always used to think that I would never be the kind of adult that would listen to classical music on purpose.

2.  I'm re-reading one of my very favorite books on the planet:  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.  Every time I read it, I wish to be more like the people in that book because they're letters are all so witty and hilarious.  Do you ever wonder what kind of letters you'd get from some of your friends if there were no Internet?  I always wonder who would come across the funniest on paper.  Because being funny on paper and being funny in person are sometimes a very different thing.

3.  We went with a couple of friends this morning to see The Croods.  My sister-in-law said the heroine reminds her of me, which, after seeing the movie, turned into quite a compliment.  She was sassy.  The bad news is that Carolyn is officially not old enough to go to a movie.  I spent approximately 89% of the time grabbing her arm and doing that mom whisper in her ear that if she didn't sit down and shut up, why I'd....  It also took her approximately five minutes to cover my pants in cherry slushee and drop our entire bag of popcorn on the floor.  Not like she cared.  She just scooped it up whenever she felt like it and popped a piece or two into her mouth.

4.  I'm going to learn how to make the BeefEater from Jason's Deli.  Because good grief!  They charge you $8 per sandwich.  And they're so delicious, I can't just not have them.

5.  I think I bruised the ball of my foot in the mud race I did last weekend.  It didn't really start to hurt until Monday and now I'm limping around like an old lady.  Maybe if I wore something beside flip flops, it would be better, but I don't want to.

6.  Also, the sunburn from hell is starting to peel.  I can't even tell you the last time was that I was sunburned this badly.  I mean, I was a serial tanner/burner up until about age 25, and had plenty of nasty burns then.  But, in the last 10 years, I bet I've only been badly sunburned once or twice.  And neither of those were on purpose.  The worst part is that my scalp was sunburned as well so now I look like I have a wicked case of dandruff.

7.  I have gray hair.  I've had some gray hair since I was 19 or so, but since Carolyn was born, it's multiplied and replenished my head.  I just can't commit to coloring my hair since it's so high maintenance and so expensive - and there's no way I'm doing it myself as I've had several horrible home coloring incidents.

8.  I finally have a date when I might possibly get to see the client I lost back in November.  Of course, it's still a month off, so we'll see when it gets here.

9.  I think I need a new hobby.

10.  While folding clothes, I noticed just how raggedy our clothes are.  Both Husband and I regularly wear things with holes, stains, and repairs.  Carolyn, on the other hand, has more clothes than she'll ever possibly need, most of them semi-new.  Sigh.  When did we get to be "those people"?

No comments: