I bought a bunch of Chevron material online because I'm in love with it.
I wanted to do several different colors of the Chevron print.
What I didn't count on was the fact that all of those different colors would have to line up perfectly so the dress wouldn't look wonky.
Of course, I didn't realize that until after I'd cut all the strips of material.
So, there was lots of cursing and lots of scrambling, trying to find something that would work.
And lots of trying to figure out how to thread a serger from fuzzy You Tube videos.
Anyway, I finally got it done.
The sewing isn't the prettiest in the world (mostly because the parts I was going to use the serger on are unfinished because I hit a stupid pin that was hidden in the dress gathers and busted the blade).
I am a fan of the pictures I took of her in it.
I only got her to smile when I told her she wasn't going to have another fruit snack ever unless she started cooperate.
Then, she started to get very serious about her posing efforts.
Pattern here (with a few changes of my own).