Saturday, February 09, 2013

Mardi Gras at the Beach

Today we drove down to the beach for a Mardi Gras parade.

Did you know that Husband's uncle has a beach house?

Like a gorgeous house up on stilts right on the beach?

What the?!

Why has no one informed me of this earlier?

Is it because they knew that once I got there, I'd never want to leave and I might kind-of-sort-of take over the entire place and pretend it's mine?

And begin planning my entire summer around that house?

Or that my kid would try to commander the Cowboys golf cart at every opportunity?

I have no idea where they'd get that idea.

Anyway, we hit up the beach AND a parade and that, in my book, is about the best combination of awesome I've ever heard of.

Carolyn didn't really get the whole parade thing at the very beginning.

When the first cop car came by, lights flashing, she said, "Uh, oh.  They're coming to get me."

But then, as she found that if she but waved and yelled, "Hey der, er'body!", they'd throw her string upon string of pretties (and a little candy, too).

In the end, Carolyn was literally neck deep in beads and loathe to take them off.

When we finally did get them all off, we threw them in a shopping bag and guess how much it weighed?

Fifteen pounds.

Here's what it looked like:







No comments: