Thursday, January 03, 2013

Naps All Around

So.

Carolyn is still sick.

You would think that being sick, she would want to sleep.

Because that's what all rational people want to do when they're sick.

Instead, this is the second day in a row where she hasn't taken a nap.

That's right, up until Tuesday, she was still taking 1.5-2 hour naps every afternoon (mostly, I think, because even after we put her to bed around 9, she stays up singing in her room until at least 10 if not later).

When she doesn't take a nap, I can barely make it to 7pm before I want to choke her.

I love my kid to death, but she literally never stops moving.

By 7, I'm past the point of exhaustion trying to keep up with her.

Exhaustion makes me cranky.

And cranky is the worst thing you can be when your 2-year-old is asking you the same question for the 900th time that day while also jumping on your back insisting on her own version of WWE and spilling the entire laundry basket full of folded clothes all over the floor.

Do you know how much I hate folding clothes, people?

And having to fold them more than once makes me livid.

No comments: