Thursday, January 31, 2013

Confession

Confession #213:  I am a horrid housekeeper.

I used to apologize for this all the time.

Wait.

I still do that.

I'm always like, "OH-EM-GEE you can totally come in and hang for a while but like, my house is a mess."

In reality, this is pretty much how we live.

There are almost always dirty dishes in the sink.

A basket full of not-folded-laundry is my constant companion (but it's totally clean, OK?)

And yes, my stove top stays crusty like that.

Oh, and that stuff you're standing in and thinking it's so gross?

That's food ground into the carpet that I haven't noticed yet.

Don't get me wrong, I love having a clean house.

I just take absolutely no pleasure in getting it that way.

And honestly, cleaning the house is like #37 on my priority list.

Right after weeding those nasty weeds husband always pours the bacon grease on and right before running back to the grocery store for three things I've missed even though they were totally on my list for like three weeks.

All of this begs the question:  Why don't people just come over here and clean for me. 

I would be willing to swap a batch of cupcakes for it.

I mean, I've been working on making great cupcakes for like three years, so as of right now, I've almost gotten them to where they're edible.

Even if the frosting is a little chunky.

2 comments:

jlbunting.com said...

I detest cleaning. I don't think cupcakes would get me to do it. But I would pick up clutter, I don't mind that at all. That's why people think my house is "clean". But if they only took a closer look...

pdeland said...

Your blog is going to be as funny as your book!!!! I don't like cleaning either!!!! I would much rather do MORE ZUMBA!!!! :D