Thursday, December 20, 2012

Just Because I Can...

Overall, it has been a piece of crap week.

I've felt completely useless, cranky, depressed...you name it, I've felt it.

Last Friday I came down with a cold.

On Saturday I pulled the muscle in my back.

The cold finally went away.

The pulled muscle did not.

I keep thinking that when I wake up in the morning, I'll be all better.

But it just nags and nags despite countless rounds of ice, heat, icy hot, massage, rest, stretching, and ibuprofen.

I was feeling a little better yesterday so naturally, I went ahead and overdid it.

I have baskets full of clean laundry that need to be folded, a filthy house, a kid I can't pick up and love on, hell, I can barely make it out of bed in the morning without moaning and groaning.

I've missed the gym four days in a row and I've only been out of the house for things that are absolutely necessary.

Blah, blah, blah, complain, complain, complain.

On top of all of this, BYU is getting an ass whipping in their bowl game and I had to go to the OB doctor today (how many times do people need to ask me if my bladder is full [and why do they always say "nice and full"?  Can't it just be full without being "nice"?]  I mean for real!  I was asked by five different people this morning about the state of my bladder).

The one blessing out of all of this is that the OB and his wife also had fertility issues so he's seen first hand just how crazy something like this can make a girl.  He basically described to me exactly how I feel and it made me feel marginally better.

The other blessing is that every time I go to see him, he tells me that Carolyn is a freakin' genius. 

Yeah, dude, she is, after all, my kid.

No comments: