1. Carolyn has been horrid for the past two days. HORRID. She's throwing tantrums like nothing I've ever seen - as in like screaming like someone is ripping her fingernails off. This morning she sat on the floor outside the bathroom while I was taking a shower, screaming like a banshee and kicking the door. Then we went to the post office where she proceeded to pretend she couldn't hear me and kept taking off and running all over the place. I didn't want to lose my place in line, so I just stood there and seethed while doing that motherly I'm-going-to-bloody-kill-you-teeth-clenched-threatening-whisper. I almost choked her.
2. So, what do you do when your child disobeys you in public? How do you stop it?
3. On the way home from the post office, we stopped at the new cupcake shop in town. Cupcake shops are such a racket - $3.25 per cupcake? For real, dude? All of the cupcakes at this particular place have buttercream icing that is about twice as high as the actual cupcake. Not my favorite thing ever. I took one bite and instantly had a sugar headache. If it's too sweet for me, that's saying something.
4. I went back to the gym today for the first time since I hurt my back two weeks ago. My back is still pulling funny and the workout was a bit painful, but at least I did it. For the love, is it never going to get better?
5. I think I'm going to crochet up some leg warmers. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them when I'm finished, but I'll totally have them.