Friday, October 12, 2012

Round Here

I've been working on a few ideas I found on Pinterest to brighten up our house.

Did you know that at the beginning of December, we will have lived in this same apartment for six years?!

In all that time, we've never had a single set of curtains (I don't count the blackout sheet in Carolyn's room as "curtains").

We've also been sporting basically the same wall hangings, pictures, etc. that whole time as well.

Anyway, the other day I put my big girl panties on and bought two sets of curtains.  TWO.  As in we didn't have any curtains before and now we have curtains in every room!

It's like I'm growing up before my very eyes!

I also made a few little hangings for Carolyn's room to take the place of the babyish stuff I hung up right before she was born (PS how on earth has it been over two years since then?!).

Now I don't claim to be a great decorator.  Or even a marginal decorator, but here are a couple of pictures of what I've done:









*An extra special thanks to Husband for helping me to put up the curtain rods even though he totally didn't want to. 

*My friend and 20-steps-away neighbor, Becky, cut the little animals on her Cricut.  Made me want one...even though I'm pretty sure I would never use it.

*I'm working on a few things in our bedroom as well.  I'll post pictures as soon as the art work for the wall is finished in a couple of weeks.  I'm pretty proud of myself on this one...

No comments: