1. Can someone please explain to me how on earth it got to be October already? I mean, ferrills. It was just January the other day and all the sudden it's ten months later? This does not bode well for my New Year resolutions that have yet to be completed. Ok, fine I didn't even make any New Year's resolutions, but if I had, I'd be even more upset that it's October.
2. I passed out at the gym today. As in clean out. I was feeling a little light headed in Zumba, so I thought I ought to go out and sit for a while. Then, I started seeing dots and thought I ought to sit on the floor. Then, the next thing I knew, one of the trainers was standing over me saying, "Erin, girl, you ok, baby?" And I was all like, "Yeah, I'm totally fine, man." I was going to go in and finish the class but she made me stay on the floor for like twenty minutes. I still have no idea what happened - I didn't do anything differently this morning.
3. They had snow cones and popcorn in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month on the way out of the gym. Carolyn could not have been more thrilled.
4. Why does breast cancer have it's own month and why is it so widely known? I mean, I know that with early detection, breast cancer is one of the most curable forms of cancer, but isn't that also true of most other cancers? Just wondering.
5. I've decided that I'm going to build my own headboard for our bed. I've been looking at headboards for over five years but haven't been able to justify buying one. The ones I like are pretty pricey. The only problem is that I've never actually built anything in my entire life that's been worth a damn. However, I've found some instructions on the Internet and I'm 90% sure I can do it.
6. I went ahead and sanded the wood after the gym this morning. Let me tell you what, who needs the gym when you sand something? Wax on, wax off. I'm going to be needing a belt sander because I've already had enough. I think I bought the wrong sandpaper grit, but I'm just going to have to make it work.
7. There is a horrible stomach virus going around Beaumont. I've considered quarantining myself and Carolyn, but I think we'd both go crazy.
8. I haven't been sleeping well and I'm looking into acupuncture to see if that will help. I know, it sounds all voo-doo and stuff, but I'm pretty desperate.
9. The lottery is above $200 million this week. Someone please buy me a ticket and then give it to me only if I've won.
10. I bought Carolyn some "big girl bedding" of her own last Friday. Since then, whenever it's naptime or bedtime, Carolyn's the one that tells us it's time to go to bed. She loves having her own covers. She's also started taking off her diaper at pretty much every opportunity she gets. The morning at 6:15 she climbed into bed with me diaper-less and peed all over everything. Awesome.