Tuesday, September 25, 2012

More Carolynisms

1.  I thought I heard Carolyn get up this morning, but when she didn't immediately come into our room like she usually does, I thought I was mistaken.  Then, not three minutes later, here she comes with an entire pitcher of Crystal Light and a cup.  She said, "I would like this drink in this cup."

2.  The Gay Man was back at Group Power class today.  I love him.  The class is a weights class but he generally only does about half of the reps and then spends the other half standing there with his hands on his hips talking to the ladies next to him.  Hysterical.

3.  The Group Power class today was taught by Token Boy in an All Girl Class.  Apparently he's trying to get certified to teach on a regular basis.  He's pretty mouthy and thinks he's funny.  My favorite quote from him today was during the squat track when he said, "You should be able to see your toes.  If you can't see your toes, you suck."

4.  I love to take Carolyn candle shopping.  She picks up the candle, smells it, and then says one of two things, "This one's ok" or "No, this one's not for us."

5.  On the way to my client's house today, there was a man standing right in the middle of the road reading a book.  I thought he would see me coming and move, but he didn't.  I almost ran him right over.

6.  I'm trying something new this week.  I'm sewing with knits.  I know, I'm terrified.  I haven't actually done any sewing yet, I've just cut out the pattern pieces and stared at them all day long.  If I finish this project, it'll be a miracle.

7.  A friend has offered to keep Carolyn for a few hours tomorrow so I can have some "me time".  I'm kind of confused as to what I'm supposed to do with "me time".  I should probably fold clothes.

8.  And speaking of folding clothes, the clothing situation in this household is a bloody joke.  I'm outstanding at actually putting clothes in the washer and into the dryer.  But I hate, hate, hate folding them.  We currently have two overflowing laundry baskets of clean laundry.  I spend roughly ten minutes every day trying to find various things in the baskets.  It would probably take me less than an hour to fold it and put it all away, but for some reason, I just can't make myself do it.

9.  Won't someone please send me some good mail?  I'm so tired of getting nothing but bills and junk mail. 

10.  Carolyn opened a brand new container of black pepper yesterday and downed a mouthful.  I might have felt bad for her, but she kind of deserved what she got.

No comments: