Thursday, September 06, 2012

A Few Things...

1.  I bought a candle at Bed, Bath, and Beyond that's supposed to smell like freshly baked bread.  Before it was lit, it totally did.  Now that it's burning, it smells like popcorn.  Um...that's totally not was I was going for.  The good news is that they also had one that smells like salted caramel.  When I'm burning it, I basically want to eat the air.

2.  Carolyn just spent the last five minutes trying to shove a buckeye into my ear.  When I tried to stop her she said, "No, mama, I'm making you pretty."

3.  Watching Carolyn dance is one of the greatest joys of my life.

4.  After the gym this morning I went straight to Walmart to buy diapers.  I hadn't eaten breakfast before the gym and that combined with the heat and humidity made me dry heave in the Walmart parking lot.  A lady walked by and said, "Gir-friend, if you been drinkin' that much, you ain't gonna wanna drive around wit dat baby in da car."

5.  Carolyn learned to climb out of the crib more efficiently while we were in Nevada.  Now she climbs out after every, single sleep.  This would be fine but she seems to be waking up and climbing out before she's all the way done sleeping - as a result, she's super cranky all day long.  Even her nap has shortened by more than an hour.  It's driving me bonkers.

6.  I'm sick, sick, sick of this presidential election.  Everyone is telling their own version of the truth and making promises they can't keep.  But, the absolute worst part of all is that every, single person that speaks has to tell you about how poor they (or their parents...or their grandparents) were growing up.  Listen, I could care less about how much money you had growing up.  Just tell the truth and do what you say you're going to do.  Did I mention that I also grew up poor?  In a log cabin that I built myself?

7.  Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike Dr. Phil?

8.  I have a client that's acting like a spoiled brat.  I have no idea how to handle it.

No comments: