Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Just Keep Swimming

1.  I love to swim.  And by "swim", I mean "get in the pool and submerse myself up to my neck and then sit there for two hours so I don't have to deal with the Southeast Texas heat".

2.  There is a family at church who has opened their pool to anyone who cares to use it.  We've been at least once a week for the last four weeks.  It's pretty much the best part of my life right now.

3.  Carolyn continues to be pretty fearless in the water.  Today we threw her off the diving board several times.  She'd come up, swim to the side, and run around for another turn.

4.  Is anyone else so excited for the Olympics that they're about ready to pee their pants?

5.  Today I got some freeze dried strawberries.  Freakin' delicious.

6.  I added the strawberries to our food storage.  The good news is that if there's a disaster where we have to survive on our stored food only, I totally have all the stuff to make apple pies, peach pies, and strawberry pies.  And pretty much nothing else.

7.  Here's a conversation I had with a little girl at the pool (she was wearing goggles and going underwater and apparently my suit top was floating up):

Girl:  Erin, what's wrong with your belly?

Me:  Oh, those are stretch marks (mine just happen to still be a lovely purplish/red color...and there are a lot of them).

Girl:  Stretch marks?

Me:  Yeah.  When a girl has a baby, sometimes the skin on their belly stretches when it gets big.

Girl:  Why would anyone want to do that?

Me:  Do what?  Have a baby?

Girl:  Yeah.

Me:  I don't really know, man.

8.  And speaking of having babies, won't everyone I know stop asking me when my next one is coming?  For the love.  Number one, I find it super creepy that people are so interested in whether or not Husband and I are having the s-e-x and number two, I'm kind of having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that right now, my body isn't working the way it's supposed to and pregnancy isn't even really a possibility.  I kind of feel de-feminized.  Or something.

9.  The funny thing about it is, though, is that I actually never want to be pregnant again.  I want to have more kids, but good grief, my first pregnancy was sooooooo miserable, it made me never want to have to go through that again.

10.  And speaking of being miserable, this hormone therapy is making me feel like I am pregnant without being pregnant.  I pretty much fight nausea all day long, I get dizzy really easily, when I do feel like eating, all I want are sweets and Doritos and I have to potty all the time.

No comments: