Tuesday, May 22, 2012

'Round Here

This is the one and only product of my failure of a garden this year:


I've had to guard it jealously from Carolyn's picking fingers.  The rest of the garden is pretty much a giant piece of crap in a pot.  The plants never did really grow - they're just long and spindly.  My basil rotted.  I have no hopes for cucumbers.  And this after last year, which was my most successful ever.


This little guy hung out on our back patio while we were playing in the pool yesterday:



(And just as a PS, the picture is not upside down, the butterfly/moth was hanging that way on the fence.)


Here is Carolyn saying goodbye to her daddy this morning.  If you ask her, she'll proclaim herself "daddy's sweetheart" and "daddy's special darlin'".



2 comments:

Shannon Ivy said...

Aw! Cutest father/daughter picture ever!!

The Rypple Effect said...

for the love of daddy...we have a daddy's girl on our hands too...I wouldn't have it any other way! SUPER SWEET PICTURE!