Friday, April 06, 2012

Texas Bluebonnets

You know, the Texans love their bluebonnets.

I never understood why until I saw this picture.

Apparently the ultimate Texas experience it to stop by the side of the road during bluebonnet season, plop your kid down in the middle of them, and take an Easter picture.

I told Husband that and he said, "I've never heard of that in my life."

Now we know who the real Texan in this house is.

Anyway, I was set on getting pictures, but was pretty sure I'd missed the entire bluebonnet season while I was sick a couple of weeks ago.

But lo and behold if I didn't drive around the bend by our friend's house and find a tiny patch of them in someone's yard.

The people there were kind enough to let Carolyn pet their dog to her heart's content and let me snap a bazillion photos.

 



 








And naturally, we had to end with her new all-time-favorite activity:



1 comment:

Holli said...

Oh oh! You got to pet the old boxer!? I've named him Buford in my head!

PS - Those photos are BEAUTIFUL!