1. Today Carolyn and I drove out to Crosby to pick up a Zaycon Food order for some people from church. If you've never heard of Zaycon, you need to. They sell bulk meat at deep discounts. We've tried both their ground beef and their chicken and let me tell you, next to having The Judy ship some Nevada beef via the USPS, this is the best option. The ground beef is sooooo good. Register with them and the chances of them coming directly to your community increases! Please come to Beaumont next time!
2. At the last minute, I was able to grab up 20 extra pounds of the ground beef. I totally thought I'd be able to wrangle it into the freezer, but I could not have been more wrong.
3. So, I started cleaning all of the nasty stuff out of the fridge that I was supposed to have cleaned out last week so I could fit the extra 10 pounds in there until I figured out what to do with it. I put the gross food down the disposal and BAM! Disposal explosion. I opened the cupboard door and it literally looked like someone had puked in there from left to right, top to bottom. It was everywhere.
4. I almost closed the cabinet and walked out of the house only to feign ignorance when Husband came home. Instead, it took me about 90 minutes to clean everything up. And it was grody. GRO-DY.
5. In the middle of all of this, our friend's dad came to pick up their ground beef. I don't know what it is about him, but Carolyn is terrified by him. She retreated clear to the other end of the house and stood up against the door, crying uncontrollably. She didn't quit crying until he'd been gone 10 minutes and I coaxed her to look out the front door so she could affirm for herself that he was gone.
6. I'm getting my hair done tomorrow. It'd better be good.
7. And speaking of my hair, I read and article on the Internet called, "Five Mistakes Those With Curly Hair Make". I was totally making every, single "mistake". So, for the entire past week, I've done what the article said to do to the letter. And, my hair looks.....exactly the same. Stupid article anyway.
8. I still haven't seen The Hunger Games and I so want to go.
9. I'm pretty sure my car needs new tires but good grief, can't I spend my money on something fun for once?!
10. A girl from church asked us to watch her girls last night while she went to a meeting. Let me tell you, Carolyn has never been more thrilled. She followed them all over the house, giggling at them. This morning when she woke up all she wanted to know is where they'd gone. She calls them "La-lee" and "Ah-Bee".