Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mrs. Duggan

My friend, Grainne, was married yesterday.

Grainne is basically my sister from another mister.

I met her eight years ago while both of us were teaching in Iwate Ken, Japan.

When she first met me, she thought I was stuck up because I wasn't talking to anyone.

In reality, I was so scared, I thought I was going to straight up pee my pants.

After that, we were near instant friends - not that I know of anyone who can resist Grainne.

She's kind of contagious.

We traveled together extensively.

When we were in China together, the people at the market kept pulling us aside saying, "They talk about you!  Two girls, same face!"

She, along with Thanet, were my lifelines in Japan.

I knew I could always count on them for anything I needed.

Because of everything that's happened over the past year or so, I couldn't make it to the wedding - even though I'm pretty sure I promised her I would be there.

But, the next best thing to me being there is posting a stolen-from-Facebook-without-permission picture on my blog.

Isn't she so gorgeous?!




Congrats, Peter and Grainne!

Cheers to you, pet!

In honor of your wedding, I'd like to dedicate this song to you.