Monday, February 13, 2012

Bobby Brown is Ugly, Man

1.  Today one of my clients and I were discussing Whitney Houston's unfortunate passing (although, c'mon, people, why on earth are you acting all surprised and stuff?  Really.)  She busted out with this, "Man, I don't know why Whitney Houston married Bobby Brown.  He ugly."  She then proceeded to tell me that she has a friend who looks just like Bobby Brown and every time she sees him she shouts, "HEY! Bobby!", just to make him mad.  Maybe it was the combination of her still being in her jammies without her teeth in, but I just about peed my pants laughing at her.

2.  That same client never ceases to surprise me.  She was born with cerebral palsy and has been in a wheelchair pretty much her whole life.  But, she never lets it hold her back.

3.  And by that, I mean that she knows all of the cool shows on TV.  For instance, today when I got there, she was watching RuPaul's Drag Race.  It's a reality show where drag queens compete to see who the ultimate drag queen is.  Rick Fox is one of the judges.  Just sayin'.  Anyway, the show is quite inappropriate and therefore, hysterical.  I really don't know where they got these particular DQs, though because good grief, they are not attractive as men or women.  My client assures me that the participants in the first three seasons were high quality, but this fourth season is lacking.

4.  Today, like an idiot, I went to the grocery store on the way home from work.  They had their giant Valentine's Day display right by the front door and blocking several of the aisles.  It was a hot mess - you could hardly get in or out.

5.  I'm finishing up the third book in the Farseer Series by Robin Hobb.  I really liked the first book and most of the second one.  But the third one is making me angry - for the whole entire book, this kid has been running around trying to find someone.  I'm almost 80% of the way through the book and he still hasn't found him.  That only leaves 20% for him to find the guy, take him back, and re-claim his kingdom.  He's going to have to gas it.

6.  This morning I put Carolyn in a too-small Valentine's Day onesie.  It's the only Valentine's Day thing she has, and she was going to wear it no matter what.  For half of the morning, she kept pulling on it and whining.  At about 10:30, after trying to explain to her that she had to keep it on all day, Husband finally relented and took it off.  Her tummy was covered with red welts that may or may not have been bug bites.  Um.  Woops.  I'm such an awesome parent.

7.  The Judy has booked an Alaskan cruise with her sisters for this summer.  She said she had booked a balcony berth while one of her sisters booked on the inside of the ship stating that when she wanted to see the whales, she'd just come to my mom's balcony and then she said, "Oh, no she won't!"

8.  The Judy also had cataract surgery last Monday.  She can see now.  Apparently.

9.  Is it wrong that now that Carolyn can say "please" I pretty much give her anything she wants?

10.  Carolyn is also very interested in letters for some reason.  Whenever I wear a shirt with writing on it, she points to each letter and says, "What's that?!"  Then, when I spell things out for her, she always says back, "Bee, Eye, Oh, Em" regardless of what I've spelled.

1 comment:

Kami D. said...

I give in to the please thing too. And your daughter is brilliant.