Friday, January 13, 2012

Today

Carolyn is trying this new, super fun exercise.

Where she screams every, single time she doesn't get what she wants.

Oh, and there's crying.

Like as in "I've just had my arm pulled off by a train" crying.

I'm not quite sure how to react to it.

No matter what I say or how I say it, the level of the crying/screaming just escalates.

It's driving me up the wall.

This is happened today in between the fits:


I feel so, so bad for Carolyn.  Because she will never be that little girl with the cute hairstyles.  Mostly because The Mother has no idea how to do her own hair, let alone a baby's.  Carolyn's hair is just long enough to get in her eyes (she didn't get the Neff cowlick), so today, she ended up with a little Cindy Lou Who Do:




Carolyn, for some reason, is obsessed with her daddy's shoes.  She puts them on and then starts in on the "BYE!  Bye bye!  Bye bye?"  She'll keep saying it over and over until one of us relents and goes outside with her.




This is what it looked like when I took off Carolyn's jammies and tried to change her diaper this morning:





By lunch time, I was so ready for Carolyn to have a nap, I thought I'd take a shortcut on her lunch by feeding her from my plate.  I thought that would mean less clean up.  Good grief, but I could not have been more wrong.





Here's our recipe try for today.  I had some Pillsbury crescent rolls and Nutella in the house, so I stuffed the rolls with the Nutella, squirted some melted chocolate chips on top and  BAM!  Delicious!


1 comment:

Becky said...

There's no negotiating with terrorists...I mean toddlers.