Monday, November 09, 2009

New Study Technique

Today I've discovered a new kinesiology studying technique: 

1.  I've typed out all of the muscles and their actions.

2.  I've done each action.

3.  I've felt the muscle I'm trying to figure out while doing the action (which can be hard because I'm a wee bit chubby in some areas...forget about finding my abs).

4.  I pretty much looked like a chicken, a bodybuilder, a beauty queen, or a peeing dog.

5.  My desk is in the common area of the office.

6.  People saw me doing adduction/abduction of the hip and thought it was funny.

7.  It wasn't

8.  I nearly biffed it more than once.  My balance isn't so great.

9.  I still don't have this down (the kinesiology, not the balance...the balance thing is hopeless).

10.  And that's a bad thing because I'm applying to take the test on Friday.

11.  I'm thinking about having a kinesiology computer chip inserted in my brain.

12.  While they're inserting that, I think I'll also have them insert a "how to do your hair" chip.

13.  Bloody brilliant.

4 comments:

Porter Family said...

Another great technique is to do some serious weight training the day before you test. That way, whenever you move, you know the specific origin and insertion, and you can also get the stretch movements, should they ask you such questions as how to stretch the biceps (hyperextension, internal rotation).

speedy_paddy said...

Abs? What are those?!

Hooper Neffs said...

Good Luck on your test!

Clarissa Grover said...

Let me know how that "do your hair" chip works out. I've never been good at my own, and now I have two little girls... granted they have about as much hair as a newborn kitty, but still.