Friday, March 27, 2009

That's NOT Ok...

1. You know what's not ok? Sitting in a restaurant and smelling every bite of food before you eat it. It's weird. And, it's even worse when you're the girl who has to sit across the table and hope that no one sees you with the Great Smelling Eater, who, by the way, also smacks when she eats.

2. I'm currently trying to coin different scenarios wherein I can win the Former BYU Intramural Employees bracket championship after the Memphis loss last night. Chances are looking dim. I blame this fully on Heather and Kristen, who buoyed my hopes by picking Memphis to go all the way.

3. It rained and rained and rained yesterday. It caused two problems: First, my car's engine flooded on the feeder road and it stalled right in the middle of 5 o'clock traffic and second, the rain pulverized every single flower I had. My flower bed is currently a mass of red, yellow, and pink flower bits.

4. It's 9 am and we only have three patients. That's because it's supposed to rain again later on today. I think it's funny that those from Beaumont, who should be used to the rain, are scared to drive if there's even a threat of rain.

5. I'm thinking about dying my hair dark brown. And cutting it off. Although, not to worry. I've already decided against both a mullet and a bowl cut.

6. The most exciting thing in the world happened this past week. We got caller ID at work. It's always nice to know who you're going to be speaking to before you pick up the phone. The only problem is that The Doctor's Wife forbade us from avoiding calls from those we don't want to speak to. Isn't that the whole idea of called ID??

7. Husband's massage techniques are getting better and better. Last night I came home from class unable to breathe deeply because of a sharp pain right by my shoulder blade. I've had it intermittently ever since my mission. He worked it out until it was bearable again. He's such a good husband.

8. I work with an individual who apparently doesn't understand what the word "no" means. No means NOOOOO. It does not mean, "No, but I'd like to discuss it further wherein you will more than likely talk at eardrum bursting levels and not let me get a word in edgewise for at least 20 minutes."

9. I was discussing with The Doctor's Wife yesterday how tired I've been since I've started going to school. The Doctor came whipping around the corner and offered to do a pregnancy test since that could be a cause of fatigue. Ummmm....so can 17-18 hour days so go away and leave me alone. I will let you know when I want my 12th pregnancy test in two years, ok, buddy?

10. My mantra for today is, "I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful."

3 comments:

Holli said...

I'll go out to eat with you! I promise I don't smell my food! :)

The Livingstones said...

you should color your hair dark. i did, and i really feel ok about it. it was really dark when i got it done, but it has faded a little. i'll have her darken it again next time i go. at first i felt like i needed to be wearing makeup all the time - but now i don't. but - i didn't cut it off. i decided i'd grow it out for the summer. tyler always wants my hair long - then i'll probably chop it off.

Kristen said...

Yeah, Memphis pretty much did me in. Just like last year when they couldn't make their free throws. I have no clue why I picked them again.