Sunday, March 01, 2009

Planter's Gene

.
It turns out that I really am the daughter of Paul and Judy. Everyone in my family has this gene - the gene where we have to plant things despite the amount of dirt space we have in any given place. Mom had a garden the entire time we were growing up. I always hated having to help weed it. However, now that I am older and marginally more mature, I realize that you have to work for the good things in life - like fresh tomatoes and green peppers straight off the vine.
.
I can't wait to stand on the back patio, salt shaker in hand, plucking the first fruits of my labor. I am crossing off the days until the 65-73 day plant maturity date.
.

5 comments:

Porter Family said...

Wow. I'm seriously impressed, Erin. I can't grow anything but basil. You've convinced me to try this summer, though.

Holli said...

Erin, I REALLY need you to help me start a container garden. I'm desperate to have one this year and I have no clue where to start... I'm thinking about checking out some books at the libary but I'm sure you're first hand intellect would be WAY better.

The Livingstones said...

We still have TWO months before we can plant anything. And, we still have to fill in a big hole with dirt and get it fertilized before I could plant anything anyway. I'm just praying that we get SOMETHING from our garden this year.

Erin said...

Holli, we'd better not get too excited too fast about my knowledge. I'm not even sure my plants are going to live.

And Nancy, just think, in two months when you're starting to plant, my plants will be trying to endure the crappy Beaumont heat. And, my full tomato production may already be over.

Kristen said...

Looks beautiful. I remember you saying last year that the best thing about living in Texas was getting to have home grown tomatoes earlier than the rest of the country. I know I certainly am jealous.